We're lucky, there are still postboxes/mailboxes dotted about here. So late last night, I nipped out with my payments for the month. And Monty must have followed me. I turned around and there he was, sitting in the middle of the street. He followed me back, too; whenever I looked back, there he was, padding slowly along. When we got home, the motion detector light was still on, and he sat down and looked at me. So I told him I'd bring him some food, and did.

He's not starving; he hunts birds successfully and has food available also at the filet mignon household. And he has a bit of a paunch. So I don't know what that was all about. Not quite the first time either; I've previously seen him skulking in the gutter when I return from a late-night postal walk. Maybe he was also lurking the few times I took a proper walk after dark. Perhaps it's as simple as he hangs out in the bushes at the bottom of the driveway and it piques his curiosity when I pass by during feline social hours.
siliconshaman: black cat against the moon (Default)

From: [personal profile] siliconshaman


He was protecting you. You varied outside your normal routine, and went somewhere you don't normally go, so he was running guard on you. Just in case.
siliconshaman: black cat against the moon (Default)

From: [personal profile] siliconshaman


I think at this juncture he's what I'd call a community cat. An outdoors cat living life on his own terms... which just happens to include being fed by select people.

You feed him, he protects you. That's the deal.
cowboy_r: (Default)

From: [personal profile] cowboy_r


Even feral cats know who their people are.
.

Profile

weofodthignen: selfportrait with Rune the cat (Default)
weofodthignen
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags